We’re at about day 95 now. Maybe the president did do something, finally. Maybe.
45 has started to go on and on again about how his new healthcare plan is going to be great, and his wall of hate will keep drugs out of the country. It’d be cute if a child said that about a wall, clearly ignorant about the drug problem in the United States, how drugs get into the country, etc. You can almost see toddler Trump building a castle of sand and then filling the surrounding mote from the garden hose, discovering he has to leave the spigot on or the water just soaks into the ground. He’ll build a wall instead. But he’s the president so there is nothing cute about it.
What strikes me, though, is this healthcare plan. What healthcare plan? In February, 45 finally got around to learning about healthcare and how it works. He found it to be complicated, (DUH). He’s spent more than 25% of his presidency on vacation in Florida. Are we to believe that in between golf games and threatening people and nations, he’s been studying up on how healthcare works and writing a bill to fulfill his promise of “insurance for everybody?” Let’s see here. . .
A simplified timeline:
- January 15 (ish)- Trump said he is nearing completion of a plan to replace President Obama’s signature healthcare law with the goal of ‘insurance for everybody’ (as reported by Washington Post, link above)
- February 27 – ‘Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated’ (we all knew, so everyone but you, moron, as reported by The Hill, link above)
- March 21 – 45 threatens Congress to get them to approve Paul Ryan’s AHCA, a tax plan meant to replace the ACA, a health care plan
- March 24 – Paul Ryan and republicans abandon effort to foist AHCA on America
- March 25 – ‘ObamaCare will explode and we will all get together and piece together a great healthcare plan for THE PEOPLE. Do not worry!’ (tweet, even though he’s supposedly almost done with a plan of his own – so is he or isn’t he?)
- April 4 – tax reform plans would ultimately ‘be better’ if 45 could first get his desired Affordable Care Act repeal and replace through Capitol Hill (as reported by U.S. News and World Report – aha! so it’s done? Show us the goods!)
- April 12 – Infrastructure and Health Care ‘Perhaps’ a Package Deal (no idea how this would work, but okay. . . )
- April 24 – administration pushing for a vote this week in the House to replace ACA
If 45 was almost finished with his new plan in January why would he threaten Congress to pass the tax bill in March? How does health care fit in with infrastructure of the country? When do we get to see this wonderful new bill that covers everybody and lowers costs?
It’d be nice to be able to get excited about everyone being covered finally so show us what you’ve got, 45.